Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sparky's Epic Adventure Across North America (Halifax NS)

Aug 3 to 6th: Hey there! I haven't written a blog post for a few days and you probably thought that I had fallen off the edge of the earth. Honestly, when I arrived in Halifax, I was worn out, and needed some serious down time. My car has hardly moved since Sparky and I arrived in Halifax on August 1st.

City of Halifax (not my photo)
I've poked around the city a bit, visiting a few of the better known attractions, but mainly I've napped. Slept. Napped. And slept some more. 

Now, I'm ready to get back to the adventure. 

My Penticton friend, Kyla Damen-Willems arrives tomorrow. She's joining Sparky and I for the 5600 kilometre (about 3500 miles) drive to BC. It will be great to have another human along because Sparky isn't a good conversationalist. When I talk to him, he just looks at me as if I'm slightly bonkers. 

Halifax Nova Scotia

Cadets at Halifax Citadel
From the internet: Halifax, an Atlantic Ocean port in eastern Canada, is the provincial capital of Nova Scotia. A major business centre since the 1840s it’s also known for its maritime history.

 The city’s dominated by the hilltop Citadel, a star-shaped fort completed in the 1850s. Waterfront warehouses known as the Historic Properties recall Halifax’s days as a trading hub for privateers, notably during the War of 1812.

Inside the Halifax Citadel
Our hotel is near the citadel (the star-shaped fort in the middle of the top photo), and across the street from a beautiful public garden. 

Strangely the public garden does not allow dogs, dog walkers, cyclists, joggers, scooters, or photography of wedding groups. The sign left me wondering who was allowed to venture through the gorgeous wrought iron gates.

The Point Pleasant park has an interesting policy about dogs. They are allowed off-leash until 10:00 a.m., then not allowed at all later in the day. I think that's a great compromise.

On the return trip to Penticton, BC, Kyla and I will share the driving and we expect to arrive back home around the 21st of August.

Cheers, Lynda and The Sparkinator

Point Pleasant Park, Halifax

Point Pleasant Park Halifax










Halifax Nova Scotia

Halifax Nova Scotia













No comments:

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...