Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sparky's Epic Adventure Across North America (Kingston & Granby Quebec)

Sparky's Epic Adventure took a short break for 5 days in Kingston, Ontario. We didn't do any sightseeing because I have visited Kingston several times in previous years, and Sparky isn't big on touring museums or historic sites. He was more interested in hanging out with our friends, Scott and Judy. 

So, I used the downtime to have my Mazda 3 serviced by the folks at Kingston @Mazda. Thanks to Alex LaFrambois for fitting me into the busy shop schedule.





On another day, I managed to squeeze a hair appointment in for me, and a spa day for The Sparkinator. We were all fresh and set to head out again on Thursday, June 8th.

To start the day we headed east toward Cornwall Ontario, then turned off the 401 freeway to enjoy the secondary roads that pass through various communities. Sparky ran into a snarly 'wolf' in Cornwall. I had a good chuckle watching him stand his ground. 

Sparky and the 'wolf.' He was supposed to frighten geese

We passed through several charming villages in the area between Cornwall Ontario and Granby Quebec. There was a detour for road work in one village, and my French was a bit rusty. Even with Miss Google's help I still made a wrong turn and added another 30 kilometers to my driving distance. Unfortunately, I didn't keep an accurate record of where I took each photo. This is a collage of several locations. 

The detour that added 30 kms to my route

One of several bridges in this area of Quebec









Many churches - Cowanville Quebec

This word I know!














Also in Cowanville Quebec


No comments:

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...