Monday, June 5, 2023

Sparky's Epic Adventure Across North America (Rome and Cape Vincent New York)

 June 3rd, from Lock Haven PA, to Rome New York, and Tug Hill New York. The drive was beautiful, passing several interesting towns.

The heat was intense when we arrived in Rome New York so we didn't explore the way I had intended. We overnighted in Tug Hill Resort a bit north and west of Rome. The facility was okay, but I could hear every word from the guests in the next room. Ah well, I got a decent sleep and we headed out early in the morning.

I had planned to catch the small ferry from Cape Vincent NY to Wolfe Island Ontario. It was out of order, so I drove another 25 miles and connected with the bridge from near Clayton New York to Ontario. I should have booked a night or two in this area. It's beautiful.

Newfield Pennsylvania covered bridge














My Mazda 3 - a little dirty but running well

Redfield Reservoir near Tug Hill Resort














Spooky house Orwell New York

Several interesting signs at Tug Hill Resort














Love it! But I was out of US $$. They don't take cards.


Cape Vincent New York is beautiful!

No comments:

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...