Sunday, February 16, 2020

Treasure Isla, the beginning of the successful Isla Mujeres Mystery series!


It's a great gift when a reader takes the time to leave a review! 

North Beach - sun, sand, and turquoise water.
Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase

I totally enjoyed this book. The story has a nice flow. I liked the two 28-ish single ladies who are the stars of the story. I liked the restaurant owner with the secret crush on one of the ladies. 


Motos are very an inexpensive mode of transport 
I liked the “moto” they tooled around the isla on (I had one when I lived in Europe, ah memories...). I liked Alfredo the crocodile. I liked the pirate connection. I liked grandmama. And, I liked the ending in that everything was wrapped up.

There’s a lot of drinking, but I guess they’re in a resort area and that’s what people often do. 

I found their drunken crypt “borrowing” amusing. I could actually envision two people carrying out things the way these two did. 

Sparky guarding Mundaca's tomb
I like that the author date stamps each chapter; makes it easy to know when and how fast the story is happening. I really liked a character’s concern about his armpit odor; that’s reality. 

I learned that in Mexico if a person is arrested, they must remain in jail until they can prove their innocence. Yikes. 

(Author's note the law was recently changed to the adversarial system, similar to the American judicial system. Defendants can now be released until their trail.)

Another thing I liked: Before the story started, the author dedicated the book to her husband. 


It was a beautiful dedication and also provided the details one might like to know. 

The crocodile - he/she lives at the Mundaca Hacienda
I really appreciated that she shared it. Also, at the end of the story, the author discusses some inspiration for parts of the story. I appreciated that, too.


No comments:

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...