Monday, September 21, 2026

The humble beginnings and true life tale of Sparky, hero of the Isla Mujeres Mysteries: Chapter 10

 Chapter 10

Not your average beach dog

“It’s cleaning day,” Servant announced, and a loud whooshing noise filled the bedroom.

I ran over and flopped belly up by her feet.

“What are you doing?” she asked with a puzzled expression on her face.

Gimme some of that.

“You’re an odd pup, Sparky. Tommy and Chica ran outside when I turned it on,” she said, shaking her head, “and here you are begging to be vacuumed.”

I grinned and blissfully lay there while she ran that noisy thing over my body, sucking up the dirt and sand that was clinging to my skin.

Servant says I have a lot of idiosyncrasies. I prefer to call them interesting characteristics.

I also love her hair dryer. Whenever Servant turns it on, poof, I’m right there, waiting for my turn. It makes her laugh. I don’t know why I’m so drawn to these noisy appliances. My previous home didn’t even have electricity, so I’m not accustomed to a hair dryer or a vacuum.

Another interesting habit I have is sneaking up on my water bowl. No matter its shape, location, or material, I approach it slowly and carefully, one cautious step at a time. Once I reach it, I take a drink, then turn around and walk away at a normal pace. 

And answering pee-mail; that’s a fine art. I carefully sniff each message, decide whether I should answer by lifting my left leg or my right leg, apply the correct response, and walk a few steps to read the next message. Servant says I walk at the speed of smell.





 

No comments:

The humble beginnings and true life tale of Sparky, hero of the Isla Mujeres Mysteries: Chapter 10

  Chapter 10 Not your average beach dog “It’s cleaning day,” Servant announced, and a loud whooshing noise filled the bedroom. I ran o...