Saturday, June 24, 2023

Sparky's Epic Adventure Across North America (Wolfville & Scot's Cove Nova Scotia)

June 22nd: We usually travel from one community to another, so when we are stationary for a few days I try to take it easy and do more walking than driving. However, my co-pilot had a different plan. He kept bugging me to go exploring. I think I have created a travel monster! He loves going for car rides, anywhere! I checked my map and found Scot's Bay and Cape Split, just a short distance from Wolfville. Okay, that's the plan then.

The drive took only about an hour, enough to satisfy my travel buddy. There is a park at the end of the road and a hike to Cape Split, but I nixed that. The temperature was rising and Sparky doesn't do well with long hikes. He was born with a heart defect, and his vets, past and present, all say to not push him into long hot walks. His pet stroller takes up half of my trunk space, but pushing it through a rustic pathway didn't appeal to me, so we headed back to our condo unit in Wolfville.

Later in the evening, just a few short steps from my condo unit, there were several musicians providing a free concert of Maritime songs. They played until sunset. It was a pleasant way to end our three-day stay in Wolfville, Nova Scotia.

Chairs overlooking Scot's Bay Nova Scotia

Remains of the wharf at Scot's Bay 











Overlooking Scot's Bay Nova Scotia


Bought myself pewter shells made in Nova Scotia


Herbin's Jewelry Store














Old-timey theatre, Wolfville NS


No comments:

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...