Thursday, January 9, 2020

My view of San Miguel de Allende - by Sparky

Early morning in San Miguel - before the streets get crowded
Hi, this is Sparky. My hooman, whom I call Servant, said it is my turn to write the blog. 

We recently moved from Isla Mujeres off the eastern coast of Mexico, to San Miguel de Allende located in the mountainous region north of Mexico City. We left the hot sunny beaches for a cooler climate. I was born with an enlarged heart and the heat bothers me. Here I can walk for an hour and not get tired. 
Rooftop terraza at our hotel 




After a week in a funny hotel with lots of skinny spiral stairs to climb, we are now in our own little place. It has a sunny rooftop deck and an enclosed garden - they are my favourite places to hang out. My only complaint with our new place is the windows aren't designed for doggies to look out at the street. Everything is people height. Even the patio wall upstairs is too high for me to see over. 

Different horses - but part of the same police troop

Last night three big brown horses carrying police officers came by our house. I had to get Servant to pick me up so that I could see them. Because she was holding me in her arms Servant couldn't take a photo of the horses, so you will just have to take my word for it.

Yesterday I saw a super-fast little bird in the garden. It was a bright green colour and had a long skinny beak that looked dangerously sharp. I'm going to stay a long way away from that guy. Servant said he was a hummingbird. Funny, I didn't hear him humming, but he did chirp at me a few times.

Reading the local pee-mail
When we walk the streets in San Miguel, Servant thinks I am on the trail of suspects, criminals, and murderers, but really I am reading the pee-mail left by other doggies. 

I like it here, but I am still getting accustomed to walking on busy sidewalks. At times my hooman gets a bit testy with me, yelling,"Sparky, watch where you are going!" 

It's not my fault that the sidewalks are crowded the hundreds of pairs of feet. Those people should watch where they are going! I'm a busy detective dog.
My favourite cafe - Ojo de Agua, two blocks from home

In our neighbourhood we have discovered four restaurants that allow well-behaved doggies to come inside. 

It's a nice treat for me to lay on a sunny patio while Servant has her morning coffee, or sometimes we stop in for a glass of wine in the evening. Well, she has a glass of wine, I have a drink of water.

Well, that's all for this time. Woof! Woof! Sparky.

Protein bowl and a latte at the Ojo de Agua


~


Don't forget to read all about me in the Isla Mujeres Mystery series, available on Amazon in e-books, or paperback. 


Murder and mayhem. Revenge and romance.

Get your copy today!


3 comments:

Mike Landfair said...

Welcome Sparky to SMA. I hope you and your servant are happy here. Enjoyed your letter.
Mike

Randy said...

Sparky, Get article. Hope you enjoy your new city. Best Always.

Leo said...

Did you coin *pee mail* ? That is pure genius with sugar on top.
Hilarious!

~Leo

Peddling my butt around town!

              Yesterday I bought my 5 th bicycle, a fancy e-bike that will transport me to new adventures. Its less expensive predecessors ...